The layout - layout.html
The content - city.html
Amazing Surprise: Automatic <head> elements
The Bad: Pagination
Custom Reusable Components/Tag Libraries? How about Extensibility?
Good programmers know what to write. Great ones know what to rewrite (and reuse). - Eric S. Raymond
String cssClass = null;
Dandelion DataTables's Thymeleaf integration is another evidence:
Not only that the Thymeleaf version still forces the developer to add required HTML markup (which probably will be duplicated in many pages), but it's actually more verbose than the older JSP taglib-based technology it's supposed to supersede. Where's the DRY?
Bootstrap (and Bootswatch, and Font-Awesome, and...) Integration... and Taglibs
Conclusion: Thymeleaf, FreeMarker, or...?
- I'm well-versed in Wicket
- Wicket and all its components and custom components are straightforward reusable, no ceremony required
- Extensible, again no ceremony just good old "class A extends B" + @Override elementary OO thing
- This guy Martin Grigorov is awesome, I have 27 Wicket JIRA issues and 22 of them are resolved, usually within a few days. :)
- I'll leverage my existing knowledge and Wicket component libraries, both for stateful and stateless apps, without maintaining two separate projects with similar functionality, and two separate parts of my brain.
- In any case I need stateful stuff, it's there.